- How can interaction design help children learn about science?
- How can play help children learn about science?
- How can designed play help children learn about science?
- How can interactive play help children learn about science
- How can creative play help children be more engaged in their own learning?
- How can interaction design facilitate a sense of wonder in children which would then result in them being more engaged in their learning?
- How can science museums create more effective learning environments, which encourage learning through engagement?
- How can science museums use interaction design to introduce children to really difficult concepts of quantum science?
- How can the science museum use interaction design to encourage children to be fascinated by difficult scientific concepts of quantum science which then instil in children a desire to learn more by themselves?
- How can user experience design help enhance children’s learning?
- How can user experience design help enhance children’s learning at science museums?
How can Interaction Design help people with dementia?
How can Interaction Design help people with dementia access memories?
Field of Study
User Experience Design
Designing for the Elderly
Designing for Senses (Designing with Emotion)
Study of the Brain
Community- Connecting the Community – Bringing a sense of identity to people who have lost it
The project could be important to the designer because of a personal relationship to the context (maybe a grandparent had dementia).
Secondary research about Dementia
Secondary research on Memory and how the brain works
Secondary research on synaesthesia and what does it do in the brain and how could that relate to memory
Primary Research: (Research through Behavioral / Social Science / Observational Methods)
2. People suffering from dementia
3. Old Age Homes
4. Care takers for the elderly
Create and test out early prototypes on a group of people with dementia (Design research through Design)
Find out through primary research what music means to people- what type of songs correspond to what type of emotions
What does identity mean to people
Making something that connects memory to an object and connects object to music